Is anyone thinking of trying a different breed/variety this spring?

Maybe add a couple Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas or more of our Barred EEs (BR x BBS Ameraucana) and a couple Blue Rocks, but I can't add to my numbers, really. I should be downsizing. We may quit breeding the Delawares or any other breed kept separately, so we can relax a bit. I'd love to have some bantam Salmon Favs or Porcelain D'Uccles, though.

Quote:
but your delas are so nice
droolin.gif

My goal is to pay someone to build me a nice, cute coop and henhouse, give away all but my most favorite birds, then get either blue turkens or bantam turkens. Maybe throw in a couple of bantam amerecauna bantams just for the fun of it
smile.png
I have really, really fallen in love with my turkens.

Quote:
but your delas are so nice
droolin.gif

Thanks so much, I do like them, but some days, just seems easier not to have any groups that must be separate. Really, I need to cut back on some and I think folks would want those girls. They are fabulous layers, it's true.

Kristen, thanks for the offer of the Porcelain D'uccles. I'll keep that in mind, but it will be awhile before I'm ready for a bantam breed. I have only one bantam hen, my lavender Cochin, and we love her lots more than we thought we would. She manages to survive in a flock of giants! When I decide to go ahead, Porcelain D'Uccles are on top of my list.

I can't have any new ones this spring because DH is "cooped out" - am hoping to add a few new ones in spring 2011.

My fantasy list:

Marans for the dark brown eggs
Silkies because I absolutely
love.gif
the way they look!!!
Frizzles for the same reason

And some more EE's because mine is so sweet.

I have several plans but nothing in concrete.

Bantam Welsummers (increase more girls)
Bantam and LF Lavender Amercuanas (for eye candy, a couple of pullets)

Spitzhauben pullets (increase flock size)
Welsummer pullets (increase flock size)

I would like to have one or two Brabanter girls but still undecided where they will go in my flock, probably the Spitzhaubens.

Anything can happen now and then but those are the breeds I am focusing on more than others are the Welsummers and Spitzhaubens.

I've got 28 on the way.
5 blue silkies
5 sal favs
5 BLRW
5 speckled sussex
5 EE's
3 Silver Spangled Hamburgs

coming early feb. I cant wait

Back
Top Bottom