Is anything happening in this egg?

wullus

Chirping
7 Years
May 7, 2012
Queensland, Australia
I have 4 eggs in the incubator- 3 are normal sized, and 1 is a really tiny one (must have been one of my other Hen's first lay.

Anyway, the small one seems to be the one with all the blood vessels and stuff happening in it. I can hardly see inside it, but I could faintly see small vessels and all that. It seems to be developing, hopefully there is enough room for the chick.

All the other normal sized ones, I can see the air sac on the bottom of the egg. I took it out and all I can see is this big black blob in the middle of the egg, which seems to float to the top as I turn it sideways. I cannot see a darker spot or anything inside this, so I'm confused as to whether it could just be a dark yolk or what. I'll post a photo in a sec...

Here ya go: (also forgot to mention, this is Day Six) the dark part at the top of the egg seemed darker in real life, but i could be imagining things haha. Also, these are two different eggs :)

thanks!

Last edited:
If that's what they look like at day 6, they probably aren't doing anything. You don't see any veining at all?

I personally don't throw out clears until day 10, just to be safe, but I imagine that you'll end up tossing them.

Urgh, how annoying! I decided to crack em open early, except the small one (sorry for not taking your advice) and all three of the big ones were unfertilized! GRR.

I still have the small egg in there, but I dunno whether I should crack it, or hatch it. The light doesn't even shine through the egg so I'm thinking there is something in there, and I thought I saw very feintly the blood vessels at one stage, but now I can't see a **** thing. I think I might leave it, because we are getting some day old chicks soon, so if this one hatches, then I'll just put him/her in with the other girls :)

See how i go!

Back
Top Bottom