Is Buttheaded Rooster Syndrome Contagious?

Quote:
Thanks, Yazzo! I read through and will try your approach. I do pick him up every so often (and he doesn't fight me when I do), but I have been following the advice of people who say to show him who's boss and chase him around until he hides. So now, I'll try pretending I'm a matador and loving him to death!
fl.gif

My brother has taught his flock to fear the words:

"Somebody needs a hug!!"

They scatter and try to hide. They know it means at least 15 minutes in Joshua's arms while he does chores.

My teenager (grumpy, PMS moody, 15 y.o., who maintains she hates my chickens) has been trying to teach our flock to "fear the hug". Middle daughter (12) and The Boy Child (8) help me with the "Call Them George" technique. We hold them, and hug them, squeeze them, and tell them what wonderful birds they are. Don't forget to repeat over and over that they ARE good.

Brainwashing chickens into believing they are good boys starts early! Hold 'em and hug 'em and squeeze 'em a little everyday!

I have a buckeye rooster who turned downright vicious. Fly in your face gouge your eyes out kind of thing. I pulled my coat over my head and booted my way out of the coop with him continually attacking. Fought my way to the scoop shovel and then it was game on you little bast...I played rooster baseball for 3 straight days and I wasn't playing nice either and neither was he and I swear he was laying in wait for me. I kept chasing and smacking him even when he finally gave up. Chased him if he even looked at me from 50 ft away. He is a perfect gentleman now, and I don't worry about him any more but that shovel is still handy in case any rooster gets any bright ideas. He treats the hens a lot better now so it is all good. If its a rooster you really need to keep, then one needs to get their "rooster on" and make him safe; if it can't be done.... eat em' before he eats you.

Back
Top Bottom