Is Eggbid.com a rip off? :mad:

Ugh...that's not so good Mrs. AK Bird Brain. I will let you know how the hatches go. First hatch due Oct 6, then Oct 9. My last two hatches in these 'bators worked out well - only had 1 egg that developed but didn't hatch out of 16. One was mailed eggs and one was eggs from a local farm.

I hope these keep on developing!

Update::

On the banty's that I bought through eggbid, one of them hatched and the others are still in limbo. I bought some more eggs and began hatching them all simultaneously in the same incubator as my banty's. So far one banty out of 10 has hatched. it is day 21 today. I'm going to give the rest of them until Tuesday to hatch and then they're going to become dogfood. Blah

Ryan:eek:

I have had good results from Eggbid in the past. However, last spring, I bought 500 Bobwhite quail eggs from a KC Gamebird farm (Kyle Cook) in MO, and paid $109.50 for the eggs. The crook never sent the eggs, and doesn't answer e-mails, or his phone. He still has a website, trying to sell his eggs.

I contacted Eggbid many times, and never got any reply from them. I am not the only one who Tim Jones of Eggbid has ignored, and I will never do business with Eggbid again. I realize that he could not do anything about getting my $$$ back, but the least he could do is to reply to my complaint and ban the crooked seller. If I treated my customers like this, I would hope that they would go to one of my competitors.

Ovabid.com was created because of the lousy service of eggbid, I agree with everyone that alot of things can happen during shipping and its not always the sellers fault, as a rule I always candle my eggs before setting them, I have bought eggs from ebay and have candled them before selling to find out they were prevously incubated eggs, I did end up getting my money back but it can sometimes be hard, its not always the auction sites fault, the service eggbid provides sucks you all are not the only ones who can not get through to them. I hope that ovabid gets more hits soon and picks up, right now its all free they do not take any money from you for listing your auctions etc.
Sorry for your results.

I ordered eggs from Eggbid in the spring-- the 1st and only time bidding on eggs on Eggbid. They were never sent, and the only reason I got my money back was because I used Paypal to pay. I opened a dispute on Paypal, and did get a refund. I tried contacting Eggbid, but had no response. I've never bid on anything there again. I've gotten eggs through Ebay several times and have never had trouble there. I'll only get eggs through Ebay, after checking feedback on the sellers. And of course from people here on BYC..

Paula

The sad thing about this post is it makes it sound like Eggbid is a bad place to buy. Not all sellers are bad. As with any site, there are good ones and bad ones. Do your homework and look at feedback, other sales, etc. This is the only way to ensure you are buying from someone reputable. If they lack feedback, ask for them to supply a reference. Perhaps they had previously sold on Ebay and changed over to eggbid for their own personal reasons. Or they should be happy to put you in contact with other buyers.

I know personally, I prefer Eggbid over Ebay. Ebay stinks for sellers and leaves them little to no recourse for failed transactions, which is just unfair. Always use paypal and file a dispute if something goes wrong. Good sellers will work with you to make it right, if you have a valid dispute.

Eggs not hatching can be caused by numerous things, as folks have already discussed. Sellers not sending items are valid disputes and they should be reported to paypal and eggbid. In my experience eggbid takes bad sellers and bad buyers very seriously and will not hesitate to get rid of them, when the reasons are valid.

Jody

Last edited:
Jody, you are so right.
I've not had bad experiences with Eggbid, or Ovabid... Ebay I had a bad batch of eggs, but I don't blame the seller on it. It all depends on the shipping, and your incubation process. However, I much prefer buying eggs from the established sellers here, because I know they love their birds as much as I do.
smile.png
Only if I can't find the breed I want here do I go to outside sources, but so far I haven't been disappointed.

I have only bought from Eggbid and members of the BYC. Havent had great hatch rates so far but I am more inclined to blame that on the post office/incubating practices than the sellers, even if there are a few bad apples.

i got stiffed from a seller on ovabid. remember that pay-pal cannot get reimbursement out of an empty account even when they do find in your favor.

Back
Top Bottom