Is Finch Worth getting into?

My BIL raises them and sells them to many pet stores and to snake guy's, he says they are easy to raise multiply like rabbits and lay very fertile eggs and hatch well. so I would say they are worth it. Not to mention they require very little space and feed.

AL

My inlaws raise them but don't make any real money off of them. They trade them to the petstore for food and what ever else they need. It is more of a hobby for them but they enjoy it greatly.

Many years ago I raised a few zebras. Easy to raise and fun to watch, but I got to admit the squeaking finally got to me. When they went into the spare bedroom with the door closed, I decided I wasn't a very good finch owner. They went to a better owner.

Imp- I just gave the babies away.

I own zebra finches, they come in a wide varity of colors. My friend owns more of the fancier finches. Zebras are the lest expensive, while some of them can cost hundreds. I like the songs my zebras make, but they can not be held, so they are just a bird to look at. I do not breed mine, since I have enough, but zebras will readily breed. good luck with your new birds.

are you thinking about keeping zebras, or another type of finch. I would suggest buying a flight cage for them, as most people think finches can live in a small cage due to their size. Finches love to fly around, so the bigger the better.

Last edited:
I don't think we are going to get them. My mom doesn't like the idea of a messy little loud bird. The trading them for food idea is great, I'll have to tell her and maybe we can get them. They can stay in the laundry room with the Hahn's Mcaw we have. Thanks, Cheyenne @ Feather Leg Farms!

WHEW!!!!!

When I saw the name on this thread......I was really worried!!!
lol.png

THEY BREED FAST IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SUPPLIES YOU COULD SELL FINCHES FOR $15 EACH

Back
Top Bottom