Is Florida too hot for my ducks?

madelyn13

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2019
I just relocated from Missouri to central Florida with my two ducks, a rouen and a silver appleyard. While it does get hot in Missouri summers, I want to make sure they’ll be ok here in the 90+ degree heat and humidity. The reason I’m worried is because today they’ve been standing at my back door and pecking at it and chirping like they want in. It’s kind of cute but they’re usually not clingy! One of them has been inside for a few days while being treated for bumble foot but is back outside today - maybe she got used to living inside?? I just want them to run around in the grass and splash in their pool but they won’t stop watching me through the glass haha

I just relocated from Missouri to central Florida with my two ducks, a rouen and a silver appleyard. While it does get hot in Missouri summers, I want to make sure they’ll be ok here in the 90+ degree heat and humidity. The reason I’m worried is because today they’ve been standing at my back door and pecking at it and chirping like they want in. It’s kind of cute but they’re usually not clingy! One of them has been inside for a few days while being treated for bumble foot but is back outside today - maybe she got used to living inside?? I just want them to run around in the grass and splash in their pool but they won’t stop watching me through the glass haha
Do you have a pool for them?

Back
Top Bottom