Is Garden Safe neem oil extract safe for chickens?

I would say try it on yourself first and find out. See if you have any burning sensation or other adverse reaction. :confused:

Beyond that if you are fighting lice or mites or something to that effect... get something that kills them not something meant to deter them.... many of the permethrin based sprays found in the equine section are safe for use not requiring any withdrawal time for eggs and VERY effective when used according to directions in addition to being affordable and easy to use. Comes under many names and concentrations ready to use or still need mixing.

Permethrin is a synthetic version of pyrethrin a chrysanthemum extract. Not for use in cats.

I would not presume something that claims to be garden safe as animal safe. Sorry I'm not able to answer your original question in the way you were looking for. Hope you get more answers! :fl

Are you attempting treat something, prevent it, just want your birds to smell better, or ???:pop

I bet it would be great for Scaleymites but Vaseline is cheaper. Maybe add some to the chickens water to flush out parasites... don't do this unless someone who knows more about it confirms its a good idea. It will also kill baby mosquitos if you have issues with them getting into the drinking water. Its a bit expensive to be honest so thats probably why so few people use it with Chickens.

Campho phenique is better than Vaseline for scaly leg mites and it dosent cake half the dirt.
More expensive to start, but less mess and you can use it on sores, canker, leg mites, bug bites.
I put it on my rooster combs when the mosquitos get bad. :)
I bet it would be great for Scaleymites but Vaseline is cheaper. Maybe add some to the chickens water to flush out parasites... don't do this unless someone who knows more about it confirms its a good idea. It will also kill baby mosquitos if you have issues with them getting into the drinking water. Its a bit expensive to be honest so thats probably why so few people use it with Chickens.

Back
Top Bottom