Is grit needed for peachick?

Tweets Mama

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2023
Citrus Co FL
Last week we became first time parents to two peachicks abandoned by their mom. We are new at this and appreciate all we’re learning! We are guessing they are not more than 2 weeks. They are eating a start to finish crumble that was recommended as well as eggs, some fruit fruit, mushrooms and now lettuce (they LOVE the lettuce). When should grit be added to their diet? Any other thoughts are welcome- thank you!

They will not need it unless they are eating food other than chick crumbles. I once had a lady pick up two week old chicks and then a few days later told me they died. I gave her free replacements before she told me she gave them scratch grains. Of course they died because they had no grit to process the grains and became impacted.

They will not need it unless they are eating food other than chick crumbles. I once had a lady pick up two week old chicks and then a few days later told me they died. I gave her free replacements before she told me she gave them scratch grains. Of course they died because they had no grit to process the grains and became impacted.
Can sand act as their grit?

Back
Top Bottom