is hatching turkey eggs the same as chicken eggs?

Thatcher97

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
I was wondering if there was any major differences in the incubation procedures of hatching turkeys vs chickens. or is there any tips to add on to the process. I have a half dozen turkey eggs that i want to try.

I was wondering if there was any major differences in the incubation procedures of hatching turkeys vs chickens. or is there any tips to add on to the process. I have a half dozen turkey eggs that i want to try.

The main difference is turkey eggs require approximately 28 days of incubation while chicken eggs only take approximately 21 days. For chicken eggs lockdown is on day 18 while for turkeys lockdown is day 25. I incubate turkey and chicken eggs at the same time by adding the chicken eggs 7 days after adding the turkey eggs.

Last edited:
Dose the temperature stay the same for turkey eggs as well as humidity before lock down and humidity increase after lock down?
Thanks

Does the temperature stay the same for turkey eggs as well as humidity before lock down and humidity increase after lock down?
Thanks

Other than the length of incubation time, the temperature and humidity recommendations will work for both chicken eggs or turkey eggs. Here is the link to Porter's Rare Heritage Turkey incubation recommendations for turkey eggs.

http://www.porterturkeys.com/egghatchingtips.htm

Back
Top Bottom