Is he barred rock?

deepakdavid90

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 23, 2011
Mukerian,Punjab,India
114410_08092011241.jpg
Is he barred rock?

He's a he, that seems right. He's got some barring, or speckles at least, if not good barring. But the proportions are wrong for BR, even a poorly bred hatchery bird. The head coloring and feathering seem off, but that may be the fuzziness of the photo. He's a mix perhaps of some kind.

Can you post a few more clearer shots?

Here are a couple shots of my roo and hens:
ROO
68634_dsc_0044-2.jpg

(with a tad of frostbite)
68634_dsc_0052-2.jpg

68634_br.jpg

HENS:
68634_dsc_0245.jpg

68634_dsc_0115-3.jpg

Does yours look like any of these shots?

I see you're in India - this may be a chicken that none (or very few) of us are familiar with. In the US, the standard for plymouth rocks is a "tea kettle" shape. Your roo is much too gangly to fit that description.

It is very possible this is barred coloring bred into a game breed. It looks very much like a standard size game bird to me, from my limited knowledge of them. I would venture to guess that it does not have barred rock blood at all, or at the very least nowhere near US standards.

You'll be wise to look into the poultry breeding clubs in India to figure out what is possible in your region/country as I see you've posted several threads on this forum. Many people here will not notice that you're somewhere different and will give you well-meant but incorrect information because of your geography.

Back
Top Bottom