Is her face pale?

Jun 20, 2019
Mississippi
Her face seems a little pale to me and her poop is watery but she’s alert and eating and drinking. She tried to go broody a couple weeks ago but I broke her after about 1 week (she was stubborn).

So do you think she’s sick or just that it’s really hot weather and she hasn’t recovered 100 percent from about 7-10 days of broodiness.

53EB11B4-2C81-435D-9C28-C8BB7A99614D.jpeg

I would guess that the diminished comb/wattle color and size is due to her broodiness. It will take time for hormone levels to go back to normal.

Nahhhh doesnt look pale to me. It may not be as bright red as it normally is, but I find that many different factors can cause that - hormones, heat, stress. You *know* when their face goes pale due to an actual emergncy, it will be very light pink. If it gets pink then something is likely very wrong.

She actually hasn’t started back laying. She seems healthy. Eating and drinking and free ranging. Just not laying. I have been meaning to ask on here if I need to be doing something to get her back going again. She’s 1 year old

Back
Top Bottom