Is Irene... Ron?

If you can't tell her eggs, you can put food coloring just inside the vent. I used blue, just put my finger in the container (my clean finger of course) went outside, and just gently put my finger inside her vent. Sure, it's a bit gross. But it will answer your egg-laying question. When she lays an egg it will have blue streaks on it.
OK, that made me Giggle AND Gag all at the same time!

Shame on me if I don't do that little party trick the next time we have family over for the holidays! :frow

Hello!!

I’ve had “Irene” for about 1.5 years now... I’ve always thought she was a she... until I saw her try to crow yesterday? I just introduced some new chicks to the flock, definitely have 2 Roos in there that I will need to re-home (I’m in town and unfortunately can’t keep them). Wondering if she’s just trying to assert dominance, or if I could’ve been confused about irenes gender for awhile now. Irene? Is a Golden Sebright. Looking at pictures I’m now wondering if Irene is actually a boy? Help!
She's just unhappy with the new additions.

Crowing hens aren't common, but they aren't unusual. I have 3 at the moment, and I have a rooster.

Well when you have abunch of chickens you “think” you know who lays what eggs... but the crowing confused me and made me question everything!!
This made me giggle, I have one seabright hen who crows too!

Attachments

• 20200706_142512.jpg
    20200706_142512.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom