Is it a bad sign for an internal layer/ egg yolk peritonitis?

Thank you for your experiments of your chickens, Kathy. I wish you were my neighbor!

It is difficult for me to make a decision indeed.

Update 2/12/2014

Deckie closes her eyes more often, though she is able to walk around and stay in front of the other Bumpy hen who is in the dog crate.
In addition to that,she eats less and less.

She is a still survivor.

Update 2/18/2014

Deckie died around 2:00 am today.

She puked some blood and fluids before she died.

A couple days ago, she started to stand like a penguin, her feather puffed up, and she didn't look herself at all.

Thank you for all your support, guys. I really appreciate for your big heart. I can't thank you enough to take care of Deckie.

Here are some pictures before she died. Hopefully they are helpful for some members.

These poops are before she died.

2 days ago.

yesterday...

She has puked a little for 2 days too, but were just like little bit of water. She was able to eat and excessively drinking water for a couple days.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss of Deckie, HensintheHOUse. You have taken extraordinary care of Deckie, and she had a very good life with you. I'm sure you will miss her very much, and we will miss hearing about her. Take care.

My condolences,this is very heartbreaking. Both you and Deckie fought this battle together,she was one very courageous girl and very beautiful and you went above and beyond to win this battle for her life. While this does not ease your pain,you gave her the greatest gift we can give our pets,love and compassion.

This was a long journey with Deckie,filled with highs and lows,tears and joy,cherish the time you had together and remember her with smiles and love,for she fought very hard to stay with you because she knew she was loved and this was her home and you were her mom.

Today one more chicken angel has been born by the name of Deckie,she will for all eternity join the ranks of guardian flock angels who look after all the rest including their human flock members. She has now become your personal guardian flock angel and carries your love for her from this life into the next.

Sweet dreams,sweet Deckie,until you and your mom meet again.

My sincere condolences,
~Mia

So sorry for your loss of Deckie, HensintheHOUse. You have taken extraordinary care of Deckie, and she had a very good life with you. I'm sure you will miss her very much, and we will miss hearing about her. Take care.

Thank you so much for your help and very kind word, Eggcessive. She has no more pain. Thank you again.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
My condolences,this is very heartbreaking. Both you and Deckie fought this battle together,she was one very courageous girl and very beautiful and you went above and beyond to win this battle for her life. While this does not ease your pain,you gave her the greatest gift we can give our pets,love and compassion.

This was a long journey with Deckie,filled with highs and lows,tears and joy,cherish the time you had together and remember her with smiles and love,for she fought very hard to stay with you because she knew she was loved and this was her home and you were her mom.

Today one more chicken angel has been born by the name of Deckie,she will for all eternity join the ranks of guardian flock angels who look after all the rest including their human flock members. She has now become your personal guardian flock angel and carries your love for her from this life into the next.

Sweet dreams,sweet Deckie,until you and your mom meet again.

My sincere condolences,
~Mia

I can't read all of your comment right now.. too much water coming out from my eyes.. Thank you so much, Mia.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I am sending hugs. It was a long hard battle. You are stronger than me.

I can feel your hugs. :) Yeah, that was long since she got sick. She has been going up and down for several months.
You are strong and have a great heart, enola.
It is tough to face this as long as we have animals, isn't?
I will give you hugs for you and your chickens.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom