Is it a Roo or Hen?

Aug 5, 2021
Copperas Cove, TX
Hello!
I have read a bit about how to determine a rooster from a hen. I also know the older they are the more obvious it becomes. I have read about the combs, waddles, and feathers but nothing about their spurs. When do those start growing? I thought that would be the most obvious way to tell. I am new to chickens so I really don't know much lol.

Hello!
I have read a bit about how to determine a rooster from a hen. I also know the older they are the more obvious it becomes. I have read about the combs, waddles, and feathers but nothing about their spurs. When do those start growing? I thought that would be the most obvious way to tell. I am new to chickens so I really don't know much lol.
Spurs aren't always a telltale if a chicken is a male or female. Some of my ladies have spurs too. Both male and female chickens get spurs, females are just less likely to grow them

Do you have chicks that you are wanting help with sexing? You can post them on here!😉 (8 weeks and older is normally what people say is the soonest/easiest to really tell (depending on breeds))!😉

Bought these two chicks straight run. I’m hoping for a male and a female.

Attachments

• 9094C538-10E3-4E64-81D0-2A6B5AF32ED5.jpeg
    9094C538-10E3-4E64-81D0-2A6B5AF32ED5.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom