Is it all over..??

Lee in Adelaide

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 12, 2011
Hi there,

Im hoping someone can tell me its not all been wasted effort.. I have one of those cheap Janoel 48 egg autoturning incubators, my first year keeping chooks and first time incubating. After much to do we collected the eggs messed around with the settings to maintain a relatively good average temperature with the help of a few towels wrapped around the machine. We candled at day 7 had 47 good, then again at day 16 and had 43 out 48 looking good, day 18 i took out the turner carefully laid the eggs on their sides on the plastic tray filled up the water again and placed tape on one of the top vents to try to raise the humidity as even with the water full the humidity level according to the digital read out flashes between 35 and 50. Went to be all was stable and woke up this morning with the alarm going off with a tempreture of 40.4... have i cooked them all in their shells??? if some survive what problems will I face, deformaties etc..

I think the hygrometer in the machine is crap.. need another one.. i have placed a humidifier in the room but it doesnt seem to make a difference...

some one tell me its not all been wasted time, judging by the way the machine usually heats it may have been at that tempreture for maybe 4 hours.

Thanks..

Lee:(

AACK! I'm having trouble trying to convert C to F, I have to actually get up off my butt and find my thermometer. You know us Americans are so lazy.... Well at least I am... will get back to you. Just didn't want you to think you're alone.
Be right back!

Back
Top Bottom