Is it difficult to control humidity with Brinsea Mini Advance??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PamB, Nov 28, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I had bad luck with the LG that I picked up on a whim at TSC. I'm going to try to return it since I never felt I could control temp and humidity well and it is brand new since nothing actually hatched in it. [​IMG] Anyway, I need something more reliable and can't spend too much. I'm thinking of purchasing the Brinsea Mini Advance. This is not the EX, though, so humidity will not be automatically controlled. That one is a bit pricey for me. So I'm wondering how difficult it is to control the humidity with this model?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Get yourself a small hygrometer at PetSmart to use with the MiniAdvance - that's what I've done. Pretty much keep some water in one half of the reservoir for 18 days, then add some to 2nd half for lockdown. If you get too much, just tip up the lid (during those first 18 days) to release some, and drop the lid again. Temp recovers VERY fast with the Brunsea.

Go for it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Thanks! So, you've found that you can simply add water to control the humidity. With the LG, I felt like no matter how much water/sponges/wet rags, etc, I couldn't get it up!! Drove me crazy.

4. jarodw45

jarodw45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    I have the brinsea eco 20 and love it. the temp never swings and the humidity is very easy to contro!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by