Is it even cocci?? Cocci oh my! Why cant I seem to get rid of it?!

either the corid amproylium or the sulmet will work but now you have a difficient gut problem with the E.coli
and it needs to have the Vitamin E put in the wet mash probiotic to help the E.coli gut problem

do this

now the
natural probiotic recipe is is:
1 qt of dry crumbles
2 qts of milk, sweet, sour, or buttermilk or a mixture of all or some
1/4 cup of non flavored yoguart ( no artificial sweetmer)
mix good

NOW THE IMPORTANT INGRIEDIENT FOR EACH CHICK FED
and add 1- 1000 mg of Vit E by cutting the end off the vit E capsule and putting it in the wet mash
this for each chick your treating
so for each chick use 2 tsp of mixture and 1-1000 mg of Vit E
twice a day for them till the manure is solid

and feed
chicks 2 tsp full and what they will clean up in 20-30 minutes
then clean wet feeders and restock dry crumbles

do this twice a day for a week
till the chicks manure is right
then quit the Vit E and make just the wet mash probiotic
then once a week for life

All the while after mdicating the birds use
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar per gallon of the chicken water so their gut flora wil be regulated
they should have this at least 3-5 days a week
then three days aweek after they are over coccidiosis

email me for any questions

First, here's a link to a chicken poop chart. Does it look like any of these? That might help you.http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

Oh, thank you thank you thank you for posting this! I, too, have been worrying desperately about my chicks' periodic brown stinky poo, and that link (and all the posts on this thread regarding caecal poop) have reassured me to no end. A picture is absolutely worth a thousand words!​

YES- for any who look at this for reference, cecal poop stinks like your chick has died and is already rotting from the inside out!!

True cocci doesn't necessarily even stink, and can look like red strands in an otherwise normal poop. It can appear many ways, but the vapid, runny, watery-pudding stuff that stinks like nothing else is just the contents of the cecum loop of their gut.

It's unlike anything else, and you'll recognize it from here forward. Whew! P U!!

Last edited:
That cecal poop is HORRIBLE! I can smell it from 10ft away LOL, it is that bad. I am glad your chickies are improving!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom