Is it just me?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by poppycat, Sep 20, 2007.

1. poppycat

poppycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Or has this site gotten a little "R" rated lately? (or maybe just PG-13)

I've certainly been entertained [​IMG] But I might have to re-think how I let my kids use this site, if that is the direction it's taking.

Hate to be a stick in the mud, and I'm certainly not a frequent poster, mostly just wondering what other people think.

2. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I've only seen one post lately that qualified and it was promptly deleted. Is there anything in particular you are referring to?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We, as BYC staff try to error on the side of caution and as the rules state, this is meant to be a family board. If you see posts / threads that are out of line with this goal, simply click the "report" link at the bottom right of each post and let us know.

4. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    If any of my moron posts have crossed the line...please let me know or delete.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  5. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    It might have been my "Chicken Lovin" post......I tried to make it sound like a scientific observation of Chicken behavior!

6. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i don't know but i'm just glad all those vent avatars are gone. they were freaking me out for some reason. :|

7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    If the vent avatars and thread is the worst thing you or your kids have to face, count your blessings.
    [​IMG]

8. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    no, i didn't go in that vent thread or if there was a thread, that is. i just don't know why it was freaking me out. shoot, the video of the afterbirth coming out of a woman after she gave birth didn't even freak me out, so...don't know why....[​IMG]

9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I loved the vent thread! I sent the "grandma" picture to my BIL and I know he sat and starred at it forever trying to figure out what it was. It makes me laugh so hard to picture him starring at the butt of a chicken for hours!!! He's in Japan so I don't get to pick on him as much anymore... [​IMG]

10. poppycat

poppycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Most of the threads I was talking about have been deleted.

The only reason I even mentioned anything is that my kids come here some, mostly to look at pictures (so they can bug me about new breeds they want)

Anyway it's not THAT big of a deal, just a reminder that there a few young eyeballs in this bucket.

BTW the vent thread was soooo funny, I laughed all day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by