is it legal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i can almost guarantee its illegal...

But the question is: Do you care?
Me..not so much...
If i wanted eggs, i'd take them and shut my mouth.

So picking blackberries or mushrooms on public land is stealing? learn something new on BYC everyday.
smile.png

I'm going through this in another part of this forum, too, with another member.

I wouldn't worry in your case as you've already talked to people about this and checked the laws. Most people wouldn't have even done that and have taken the eggs without saying anything. You are not trespassing if you entered the property in a legal manner.

Let's say that your neighbor regularly lets you onto his property with no restrictions other than you can only do it during the daytime or when he's home. Let's also say that there was a stray dog (with no tags or microchip) on your neighbor's property that your neighbor wasn't feeding or caring for, nor was he protecting other people from getting bitten by it. Your neighbor also claims it's not his and doesn't want it there. You decide to take the dog to your property, feed, care and restrain it. Would that be illegal?

Quote:
I think your misinterpreting public property. And like I've said before. The park wants the birds gone! And please. Give me an example of this law or regulation that says that they are responsible for the birds. If a domestic bird makes a nest in the roof of your house, and this bird flies into the neighbors window and breaks it. That doesn't make you liable for the damages! But if someone finds that bird drinking from a fountain in their backyard, and they want to keep it, are they stealing from you? No they aren't, that was just a bird that lived in your roof that isn't there anymore. Should you sue? While this sounds off topic, you never owned that bird (You didn't buy it, Care for it, pay it any attention), my local FWS made it clear that FERAL animals are not anyone's property. That being the definition of FERAL. Meaning the ownership laws and migratory and WILD waterfowl protection laws DO NOT apply.The park has stated that the birds are NOT theirs, that they are FERAL, that they are DOMESTIC (with the exception of the hybrid mallards, and canadian geese.), AND that they are a NUISANCE. The park, and the city officials have released statements and posted laws and regulations that say that the release of DOMESTIC WATERFOWL into the WILD is punishable by a fine or jail time.

So what do we have here.

The park doesn't own these birds.
These birds are FERAL and DOMESTIC.
The park is not responsible for them.
The park does not feed them or care for them (feeding is punishable by a fine).
It is illegal to RELEASE said birds.
FWS says its legal.
The birds are a NUISANCE.
The park/lake/city/ officials want them GONE.

I see absolutely no reason why this might be illegal. If anything, they should thank me!

SO WHATS WRONG WITH ASKING >>>>>>>TAKEN ANYTHING THAT IS NOT YOUR IS ILLEGAL UNLESS YOU GET PERMISSION.

Quote:
I think your misinterpreting public property. And like I've said before. The park wants the birds gone! And please. Give me an example of this law or regulation that says that they are responsible for the birds. If a domestic bird makes a nest in the roof of your house, and this bird flies into the neighbors window and breaks it. That doesn't make you liable for the damages! But if someone finds that bird drinking from a fountain in their backyard, and they want to keep it, are they stealing from you? No they aren't, that was just a bird that lived in your roof that isn't there anymore. Should you sue? While this sounds off topic, you never owned that bird (You didn't buy it, Care for it, pay it any attention), my local FWS made it clear that FERAL animals are not anyone's property. That being the definition of FERAL. Meaning the ownership laws and migratory and WILD waterfowl protection laws DO NOT apply.The park has stated that the birds are NOT theirs, that they are FERAL, that they are DOMESTIC (with the exception of the hybrid mallards, and canadian geese.), AND that they are a NUISANCE. The park, and the city officials have released statements and posted laws and regulations that say that the release of DOMESTIC WATERFOWL into the WILD is punishable by a fine or jail time.

So what do we have here.

The park doesn't own these birds.
These birds are FERAL and DOMESTIC.
The park is not responsible for them.
The park does not feed them or care for them (feeding is punishable by a fine).
It is illegal to RELEASE said birds.
FWS says its legal.
The birds are a NUISANCE.
The park/lake/city/ officials want them GONE.

I see absolutely no reason why this might be illegal. If anything, they should thank me!

SO WHATS WRONG WITH ASKING >>>>>>>TAKEN ANYTHING THAT IS NOT YOUR IS ILLEGAL UNLESS YOU GET PERMISSION.

ARE YOU READING THIS CORRECTLY? THERE'S NO-ONE TO GET PERMISSION FROM! THEY DON'T OWN THE BIRDS!!!!! I DON'T HAVE TO ASK THEM, I'M NOT GOING TO ASK THEM, AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO ASK THEM!!!!

Quote:
No, I'd call that tresspassing, which is also illegal.

Oh, and BTW, stealing means taking something that is NOT YOURS.

If a stray dog wanders on MY property, does it make it YOURS?

Then why don't you ASK them?

They don't own those birds.

Neither do you.

See how silly it all sounds?​

I don't understand how you can trespass on public property, I don't want to ask these folks, because they aren't their birds and they aren't responsible. Why should I waste my time and theirs asking them for permission for something they don't even own! Asking them would be an equivalent of me asking my neighbor for the birds! What don't you understand? So is it illegal for me to fish at a lake? Nobody owns those fish, and neither do I but thats legal isn't it? Some people can be so stubborn. Do you own the pigeons that live in your roof? What if someone shoots one? Would you even care? Should you care? Are you obligated to? The answer to those questions is all no. You can go get permission to wipe your bum from your cousin but do you need to? I know I don't, don't know about you.​

Why did you even ask if its leagal,you have allready made up your mind its not.So go do what you think is best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom