Is it normal?

Hi, how's it going today? @BDutch is right. Day old chicks are too young to go together with your girl. She's liable to peck them or step on them by accident. You'll have to integrate them later when they are older and closer to the same size. Then you can introduce all of them to your older flock at the same time. Very risky trying to introduce a lone chick to a group of older hens. I'm afraid your lone chick needs to remain alone for a while. That's my advice anyway. Perhaps others may have other suggestions as to how you could make this work.

Did you get some baby grit? How's her poop? You can post pics of her poop on here, it will be very helpful so people can determine the state of her health. See if she will poo on a white paper towel, that's best. Would still like a pic of her as well.

Hi, how's it going today? @BDutch is right. Day old chicks are too young to go together with your girl. She's liable to peck them or step on them by accident. You'll have to integrate them later when they are older and closer to the same size. Then you can introduce all of them to your older flock at the same time. Very risky trying to introduce a lone chick to a group of older hens. I'm afraid your lone chick needs to remain alone for a while. That's my advice anyway. Perhaps others may have other suggestions as to how you could make this work.

Did you get some baby grit? How's her poop? You can post pics of her poop on here, it will be very helpful so people can determine the state of her health. See if she will poo on a white paper towel, that's best. Would still like a pic of her as well.
I don't know how to post pictures in here, but ima try! Its still smelly, I gave her chicks crumbles. My ducks are about to hatch can she be friends with them? My chick only liked one of my hen. she will be a mother to her. My chick would chirp when she is not around, now she is lonely because she died, still I can't find chicks of her age. My dad thought of hatching ducklings to be friends with my chick, is it good for her?

I don't know how to post pictures in here, but ima try! Its still smelly, I gave her chicks crumbles. My ducks are about to hatch can she be friends with them? My chick only liked one of my hen. she will be a mother to her. My chick would chirp when she is not around, now she is lonely because she died, still I can't find chicks of her age. My dad thought of hatching ducklings to be friends with my chick, is it good for her?
I don't know. I will tag someone for you tomorrow. May I ask where you are (approximately) in the world? I am in the middle of the United States and it's midnight for me here so I don't want to tag anyone right now.

To post pictures, click on the button at the bottom that says "attach files". Then just follow the instructions. Browse to find the picture on your computer or phone/ device that you want to share with us, and click on it. When it is done loading it will say "Insert" on the picture. Click that. Then you will get the option, Full Size or "Thumbprint," I think. I always click Full Size. Then click Post Reply like always, that's all there is to it!

I don't know. I will tag someone for you tomorrow. May I ask where you are (approximately) in the world? I am in the middle of the United States and it's midnight for me here so I don't want to tag anyone right now.

To post pictures, click on the button at the bottom that says "attach files". Then just follow the instructions. Browse to find the picture on your computer or phone/ device that you want to share with us, and click on it. When it is done loading it will say "Insert" on the picture. Click that. Then you will get the option, Full Size or "Thumbprint," I think. I always click Full Size. Then click Post Reply like always, that's all there is to it!
I'm in central CA. Got it!. I will post the pictures tomorrow because my chick is sleeping and its night in here as well.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom