Is it OK for them to peck each other in the face/on the beak?

Tigerjane

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Pflugerville, TX
I have two day-old chicks that are turning out to be quite the little bullies. One is a polish, and another is a Mille Fluer D'Uccle, st.run. They go around and peck the other chicks in the face over and over, right on the top of the beak, while the other chicks back away and try to get away from them. One starts to try to get away if the bullies start coming near him. Is this normal behavior, or should I be separating these two from the flock? It's a little disturbing to see.

You yourself can first attempt the bully method this is accomplished by firmly taking your finger and pecking the bully birds right back in there noggins whilist firmly telling them NO!!!!, try to be as repetitive as possible for a couple of days if you see no signs of improvment I would then say yes seperate them. But first try to establish the fact you will be the only bully in your yard hope this helps. (I get roosters to get along by softly football punting them when they fight lol) its worked this far and I have 23 roosters who run my yard and I rarely see any fighting they know whos boss. (For the record I mean softly so don't go run full speed and punt the poor bird:) )

Back
Top Bottom