Is it ok if my chicken crop is empty?

TSC in Ontario is not the same as TSC in the US. TSC in Ontario is also changing to the name Peavey Mart. Rolling acres feed is fine.

Ask around, there's likely a feed store closer than you think. Most feed stores that stock things for horses, cattle, and other livestock, will also have chicken feed.

Feel free to send me a private message if you're having trouble locating feed.

TSC in Ontario is not the same as TSC in the US. TSC in Ontario is also changing to the name Peavey Mart. Rolling acres feed is fine.

Ask around, there's likely a feed store closer than you think. Most feed stores that stock things for horses, cattle, and other livestock, will also have chicken feed.

Feel free to send me a private message if you're having trouble locating feed.
Than kk you I got it

what are "crops"
how do you check their "crops"
I make sure my girls feeder always has something in it and they get treats regularly.

crop3-1024x900.jpg

They need calcium and other vitamins .Without calcium they could get egg bound.Needed for muscles to push egg.This can easily happen.
Try crumbles,they probably won't eat pellets.Layer Crumbles are small.,put a little corn meal on top until they get to like it.

Many walmarts carry layer and chick crumbles.Ive bought it in a pinch.They just have one choice each.
You said you wondered if your chickens were happy.Playing in the sandboxes( pure safe playsand ,no DE per vet instructions) is a big source of fun.Good sign chickens are happy,or even feeling better from a cold,they fully expand wings,and flap,,to show superiority ,even if low on pecking order.The best,though,is a strong wagging of tail, ,regularly.That shows spunk and confidence. ,I feel happy ,when they do this.

Back
Top Bottom