Is it okay to do this?

It depends on the dog. My old dog had absolutely no interest in chicken, cow or horse manure. He never touched the stuff.

I dont understand? How much poop is in your yard? Maybe you should clean it up for sanitary reasons. For decades chickens have been let to free range on farms. Farms with dogs, cats, goats, sheep, cows, horses, etc..and they all poop. I have never heard of a flock of chickens making a bee line for poop and only poop?!
hu.gif

No like I said we clean it once a week. just the thought of them eating each others poo is gross

It;s just me, but I'd be more concerned with my dog eating the chickens then their poop! My Dogs love to go "bowling for chickens" it's not pretty....

LOL oh he has tried!! He will not be allowed in the back yard when my ladys are out running around. If he has to go potty I will let him in the front yard once a day while they are out. I don't plan on free ranging them all day. They will have several hours of roam time and then they go back in. That was what I was planning anyways. I have heard of roosters curbing the dogs from attacking so I would like to see if that could work. They are too young now, but when they are older. My cocker spaniel is small enough that one warning flogging should do it

Back
Top Bottom