Is it possible? Can it happen?

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
My Frizzle hens were shareing a nest, of 19 eggs. Over the last 3 or 4 days.....12 hatched leaving 7 in the nest. The seem to have lost interest in them yesterday...and today I didnt see them on the nest at all. So, this evening, I took the little 7 eggs out, and quickly placed them in the bator. The eggs were cold to the touch, and the bator was not completley warmed nor was the humidity up. I didnt have much hope.....but went out there just now...to check temp and humidity...and ONE IS PIPPED!! I cant believe it! Im not sure it will make it...but wow, what a surprise!
fl.gif

My neighbors had a few that didn't hatch and put them in the tash can outside only to find a cute little fuzz ball in there a day later. They've named him Oscar since he was born in a trash barrel. lol!
Congrats on your success in saving at least one!

Well that gives me some hope. We have some wild turkey eggs that we moved into the coop that had been abandoned for a day or two? Maybe, just maybe we'll get some survivors!
fl.gif

Yep, its amazing, I had a mama loose interest in two eggs during her hatch a few weeks ago. I came home and found them cold and I did just like you did and both hatched that night. Good for you, a Frizzle at that. It would have been a shame to loose that one.

Back
Top Bottom