1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Is it possible? Can it happen?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justusnak, May 16, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    My Frizzle hens were shareing a nest, of 19 eggs. Over the last 3 or 4 days.....12 hatched leaving 7 in the nest. The seem to have lost interest in them yesterday...and today I didnt see them on the nest at all. So, this evening, I took the little 7 eggs out, and quickly placed them in the bator. The eggs were cold to the touch, and the bator was not completley warmed nor was the humidity up. I didnt have much hope.....but went out there just now...to check temp and humidity...and ONE IS PIPPED!! I cant believe it! Im not sure it will make it...but wow, what a surprise! [​IMG]

2. mandolinmama

mandolinmama Songster

Apr 13, 2007
    Urbana Missouri
    My neighbors had a few that didn't hatch and put them in the tash can outside only to find a cute little fuzz ball in there a day later. They've named him Oscar since he was born in a trash barrel. lol!
    Congrats on your success in saving at least one!

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Songster

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    That is awsome!!! Way to go!![​IMG]

4. BigMama

BigMama In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    Well that gives me some hope. We have some wild turkey eggs that we moved into the coop that had been abandoned for a day or two? Maybe, just maybe we'll get some survivors![​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Woke up this morning...and one is hatched....its a little blond Frizzle. Anoher is pipped! Oh what a surprise...I didnt think ANY would hatch!

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Yep, its amazing, I had a mama loose interest in two eggs during her hatch a few weeks ago. I came home and found them cold and I did just like you did and both hatched that night. Good for you, a Frizzle at that. It would have been a shame to loose that one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: