Is it possible? Male button with female Coturnix?

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
I have a a male button quail who’s lady passed away over a year ago. I’ve been looking for people willing to sell and ship a lady but I could only find people selling them with males and I don’t want more boys! His screaming and growling has been endless.
Now I have a local fair that I saw selling female Coturnix. They didn’t look much bigger than my male. I was wondering if it would be possible to set him up with a lady or two? (Thinking two because he was always way to “overzealous” for his lone lady to handle). Thoughts?

Attachments

• B7377C6F-7816-4839-B842-113395EC39C9.png
    B7377C6F-7816-4839-B842-113395EC39C9.png
    1 MB · Views: 51
I have a a male button quail who’s lady passed away over a year ago. I’ve been looking for people willing to sell and ship a lady but I could only find people selling them with males and I don’t want more boys! His screaming and growling has been endless.
Now I have a local fair that I saw selling female Coturnix. They didn’t look much bigger than my male. I was wondering if it would be possible to set him up with a lady or two? (Thinking two because he was always way to “overzealous” for his lone lady to handle). Thoughts?
I found this video that shows the size difference between button and coturnix.
Although I have no experience with button quail, I agree with @Nabiki that the coturnix you saw were probably 3 weeks old or younger. Even my three week old birds are larger than your male appears to be in that picture. This is an adult male jumbo coturnix that is overflowing my hand at the top and bottom.
Resized_20220809_213802.jpeg

I found this video that shows the size difference between button and coturnix.
Although I have no experience with button quail, I agree with @Nabiki that the coturnix you saw were probably 3 weeks old or younger. Even my three week old birds are larger than your male appears to be in that picture. This is an adult male jumbo coturnix that is overflowing my hand at the top and bottom. View attachment 3608721
He's so cute 😍
What colour is he??

He's so cute 😍
What colour is he??
If you're referring to the one in the picture in my post, he's a Wild from MyShire Farms and is about 7 to 8 weeks old. He was from my first hatch and I originally thought he was female because, at three weeks old, the rust color wasn't so prominent and the speckles confused me. Since I thought he was a hen, I put him in with 4 other hens and a roo. As he got older, the rust came out, so I sent that picture to the breeder and he confirmed male. Fortunately, no harm done because I caught it before the real hens started getting over bred.

If you're referring to the one in the picture in my post, he's a Wild from MyShire Farms and is about 7 to 8 weeks old. He was from my first hatch and I originally thought he was female because, at three weeks old, the rust color wasn't so prominent and the speckles confused me. Since I thought he was a hen, I put him in with 4 other hens and a roo. As he got older, the rust came out, so I sent that picture to the breeder and he confirmed male. Fortunately, no harm done because I caught it before the real hens started getting over bred.
Are there different variations of wild? I thought it was only this colour (one of mine)
PXL_20230814_215803554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom