Is it possible to cross a Buff Orp with something and get sex-linked?

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
Hi, i am still learning about the genetics of chickens but i have 2 or 3 breeds of chickens i really like and i would like to make them sex linked if that is at all possible.
1. is a buff orpington ( i already have a BO hen so what rooster do i need )
2. SILKIES! Is it possible to cross a silkie with a different breed of chicken and get sex linked silkie chicks
3. Black copper marans. Which breeds do i cross with a black copper maran to get sex linked.

I dont know if it is possible with any of these breeds but i am learning. thanks in advance

i read the link and it answered my questions except for my silkie question. I am guessing i could use a red male silkie and mix it with a delaware or light sussex and they will be sex linked?

A buff orp hen won't make sex links. The hen needs to be silver based.
I don't know anything about silkie colors, sorry. I do know the hen can't be dominate white or it will mask the sex-link colors.
I think a BCM roo over a barred rock hen would make sex-links, but I don't think the hens will make sex-links.

As mentioned, there are some good threads on breeding sex links around here. Cruise around and have a look!

ok well i just interested in this subject and i didnt know that a post already started about sex links. It was very helpful. I want to know about silkies still though

Back
Top Bottom