Is it Possible to have " too much" Humidity? (INCUBATION)

Its day 18 and I moved 20 for sure live egg,s to hatcher.I have one egg I can't see into except a dark looking stripe I think it might have been a blood vessel at some point. I still put it in hatcher. running 40 to 45 in bator and trying to hit 65% in hatcher.
:fl Thanks for all the tips every one.:thumbsup

3 have hatched there at least 10 to 12 hours early. little rascals .
I believe by morning there will be a lot of chirping going on.
Should I turn temp down 2 or 3 degrees on my next batch?

I wouldn't adjust at all personally. I run slightly warm on purpose and mine hatch day 19/20, perfectly healthy no issue. Day 20/21 is right on schedule. Your not counting the day you set right? If I were to adjust in your situation it would not be more than 1/2 - 1 degree. 2-3 degrees would delay your hatch. But I wouldn't touch it, especially if they hatch with no problems. Congrats on the hatchers, hopefully by morning you'll have a bator full.

I think these chicks could of had a few more hours sleeping :rolleyes:
there ok I have 17 in my brooder now. 4 eggs to go and 2 are pipped,only one is a dead egg I think.
Thank for your advice.

My first Incubation has been a success ,Thanks to BYC all 20 chicks are peeping!
I ran my temp at 100 they hatched a little early but all are ok I am lowering temp to 99.5 for next time.
Humidity was about 45% for setting and 65% for hatching.
I had no problems no assisted hatching and 100% of my live eggs hatched Genesis 1588 hova bator :yesss:

Last edited:
I am doing my first eggs. 18 in incubator. On day 10. I'm using Little Giant 12300. It has 6 water channels and you are to use a turkey Bastet to add water. Says water keeps eggs moist. Says reading is most accurate with 60% to 80% humidity and not accurate when allowed to dry out. I've kept it in this range. I am doing Ameracauna eggs and cannot see inside eggs. They are dark vs a fresh egg . I can see air pockets on some. Some seem to have large air pockets. Some seem like the egg doesn't move inside. Not sure if the hatch will work now if I was to have a lower humidity.

Back
Top Bottom