Is it Possible to Over Molt!? My Buff Orfington is almost bare!

That’s normal. Some chickens molt a little bit, some lose more, and some end up looking like porcupines for awhile! My Barred Rock molted like that.

My Sussex is moulting very heavily at the moment. She’s not too great at eating either, she just picks at stuff even when it’s her favourite treat. Her poo is sometimes very, very watery with just a little green stuff in it. Is it normal during a heavy moult for their digestive system to be out of sorts as well? This is the first year I’ve dealt with moulting so lack experience.
One of my marans seems to be doing a stop/start moult and had some watery poo but that seems to be stable now.

My Sussex is moulting very heavily at the moment. She’s not too great at eating either, she just picks at stuff even when it’s her favourite treat. Her poo is sometimes very, very watery with just a little green stuff in it. Is it normal during a heavy moult for their digestive system to be out of sorts as well? This is the first year I’ve dealt with moulting so lack experience.
One of my marans seems to be doing a stop/start moult and had some watery poo but that seems to be stable now.
You probably want to make a new thread for this.

Back
Top Bottom