Is it really THAT Taboo?!

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
Ok so we use cow milk and goats milk to make soaps and many other various products and that's great... I'm wondering though why it is frowned upon and so taboo to make breast-milk soap?! I am in the process of learning how to make it and I have a freezer full of pumped milk my son never consumed so instead of throwing it out I will make soap! I have been met with a lot of cynicism but this very well could be the miracle product that creates agelessness, not that I would ever sell it, but everyone is always looking for that cup of youth... There are over 100 ingredients in breast-milk that cannot be duplicated, it is literally liquid gold sooooo whats the issue?

I think it's just the humanistic reasons - we as humans see ourselves as higher and more "advanced" species than other animals. Therefore any human products (ie breast milk) is not "fit" for things like that.

Because humans have an "ick" factor
smile.png

Maybe see if you could donate the milk? I know there are LOTS of places that are begging for breastmilk for kiddos who's moms cannot supply them.

Quote:
I would in a heartbeat but I live overseas and they are very very behind here. The hospital is the equivelent of a 1970's inner-city hospital so they still are lacking proper education in regards to the importance of breast-milk and donation.

Those donation places (although wonderful and now more streamlined & more places) don't take milk that has already been expressed. They have a certain procedure. You have to go in for a million tests, they supply the pump (that is sterilized), they supply the storage containers, etc. and then it has to be at their center within a window of time.
hmm.png
I gave my excess milk from younger son to my older son in his sippy cup.
hu.gif
Or if you have a close friend or family member with a younger child that you can substitute it (like 50% cow 50 % you milk) in their sippy that might be good. Especially if that kid never got those awesome antibodies. It would still be doing a good thing. I put some in my coffee... some for the cats (once it was kinda old). But soap, would be good... you may or might not find a market (or they could make you stop selling). I'd buy it. *If* it were affordable. Talk about something that would be awesome for human skin!
bun.gif

Saw on the news this morning in London they are selling ice cream made from Breast milk.They said some 15 women allowed people to "milk" them.
th.gif

Maybe we can own some milking women on our farm.
lau.gif
a gross thought indeed!
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom