Is it safe to change incubators?

teutschb

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 25, 2011
Alliance, OH
I have purchased a new Brinsea 20. I was wondering, if It is regulated with temp and humidity, can I put eggs out of old incubator into new one,or do I need to follow through with the old one? Some eggs just got put in a week ago, and others have been in maybe 2 weeks. I wasn't sure if this is possible. Can someone give me some advice???(my old incubator is a still air, big Giant)
idunno.gif

Yup, you can switch 'em over. Although, I think it would be wise to put the older eggs, those further in development into one bator, and the younger, less developed eggs in a different one. That way, when lock down and hatching starts for the older eggs, they will have their own space to hatch without needing to be moved during a critical time. Then after the hatch, you can always switch the younger eggs into your new bator, and now you'll have room for MORE eggs in your old bator...and the circle continues!!!
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I see no problem I have changed incubators for hatching out the last 3 days and had no problems. Good luck with what ever you decide
smile.png

No problem in changing them over to the new incubator as long as the new machine has been up and running for a while so you know it's holding temp, humidity, and otherwise working properly.

I was forced to change cause the thermostat in the old one gave out. Luckily I was testing the new one and just switched over. Sometimes things happen for a reason even if we don't know what it is at the time.

Back
Top Bottom