Is it safe to eat bird that hawk killed???

Thank you! That’s what I figured but wasn’t sure. Just hate for her death to be for nothing :hit
I’m pretty sure hawk attacks happen to all of us who free range. Even when we think we’re super careful. I’m sorry.

You could deep compost her. It’s a slightly different process for meat, but you could use her still in a way.

Get some single use gloves and lay her out somewhere far away, so wildlife will take care of her and her death will not be a waste.
That’s a good idea! Thanks! I was thinking of taking her up into the woods far away from the coop and leave her there or maybe somewhere off property.

I'm so sorry!

But remember, it was not at all your fault. Don't beat yourself up over it. Things happen, and while we may think we could have done something, in fact we can't be sure of that.

I’m pretty sure hawk attacks happen to all of us who free range. Even when we think we’re super careful. I’m sorry.

You could deep compost her. It’s a slightly different process for meat, but you could use her still in a way.
Yeah, I’ve had hawk losses before but this one was the worst because I watched her die and was so close to being able to save her if I had gone out just a little sooner :hit

Thank you though. :hugs

And that’s a good idea too! But I’d worry she’d be dug up. My rooster died in July and we buried him very deep (like 3-4 feet) and put bricks over him and he was dug up.

I think it only touched her head but now I realize I think I’d be too sad to eat her anyway. :oops:
our neighbors duck was killed by a hawk and we took the duck and the hawk. gave the ripped up part to the hawk and ate the clean stuff. the hawk had like a giant tumor or something & ended up dying at the rehab facility.

Back
Top Bottom