Is it safe to use lime in the chicken coop?

Okay! I'm officially confused now! Do I want the Stall Dry or the Dry Stall???
idunno.gif
If they are different, then I want to be sure to get the correct one. Thanks!

Quote:
Thanks!!! Sorry to be an airhead. I get confused easily!
lol.png
Oh, I did call our local farm supply store and they have it. Our TSC doesn't stock it, which figures. They only sell chicks for the 2 weeks before Easter, if that tells you anything!

Last edited:
I was TOTALLY confused about these two products until I actually found the separate websites and looked at the pictures of the bags, LOL!! I mean, come on, Dry Stall and Stall Dry???

How convoluted can you get???
barnie.gif

You can send an email or call the Stall Dry people and they can give you a list of local suppliers. My Agway has it, too. Agway will also special order items so it's worth asking them. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey Stacy, sounds like I need some of that too. I asked Brian at Leggetts about the DE and he said they didn't carry it. Are they the ones you called about the Stall Dry and if so how much was it? And does anyone use the Eltrolyte Plus? in the sultry summer days for the chicks. They say its gatorade for chickens.

After reading the posts on Stall Dry, I stopped by my local Feed and Farm store to see if they carried it and they did. I picked up two 40# bags at $10.99 each. That seemed pretty reasonable if it works as well as everyone says. I spred some on the wood floor, under the roosts, of my 8 X 12 coop when I got home and can't wait to see how well it works.

Back
Top Bottom