Is it stuck in the shell?

tiedyechick

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
Ontario
Should I help it out? I'm worried it's too sticky to move

Should I help it out? I'm worried it's too sticky to move
Membranes look good, It shouldn't be stuck. Has long has it been since it has pipped? I would leave it alone, keep the humidity up and let it do it's job. Do keep an eye on the membrane though because once you remove that much shell it does have a higher chance of becoming dry because there is more air flow over the membrane.

Thank you. It piped about 24 hours ago. And hasn't changed positions since. It's still breathing with the occasionally chirp. I moistened the membrane with some warm water and humidity is at 70

Thank you. It piped about 24 hours ago. And hasn't changed positions since. It's still breathing with the occasionally chirp. I moistened the membrane with some warm water and humidity is at 70
Do you have a mobile device you can use beside the incubator? If you do play this video close to the bator:

0.jpg

Then watch and see if and how the chick reacts. Usually this is a BIG motivator and will get the chicks going if they are ready to hatch.

Put 95F water in a bowl and put him in it leaving the head out of water and gently rub clean. That's how I do it but sure there's many variations. The two main things are getting the temp right so not to burn or get cold and keeping the face out of water. Make sure to clean the vent area too, that album glue gets everywhere and you don't want the vent plugged. Put directly under the heat lamp in brooder to dry off.

he had broke a small hole in the egg for around 2 days and made no progress so I went ahead an helped him out, all the yolk has gone but his umbilical cord is still attached? What should I exapect to happen ?

he had broke a small hole in the egg for around 2 days and made no progress so I went ahead an helped him out, all the yolk has gone but his umbilical cord is still attached? What should I exapect to happen ?
it also has been layike this for 3 hours moving and tweeting, shall I leave it in the incubator or put it in the brooder ?

Back
Top Bottom