Is it TOO early for Christmas lights?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by happyheart, Nov 19, 2008.

1. happyheart

happyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    Ok.... so I was thinking since my hubby and I are both home today it would be the perfect time to start hanging lights [​IMG] [​IMG]

What do you all think ?

2. Betsy

Betsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northeast Indiana
    You could hang the lights today since you have the time but turn start turning them on closer to Christmas.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I think that is a great idea! I was actually thinking about putting up ours tomorrow since it will be a warmer day and my DH will be off. Besides, there are people around here that have had theirs up and shining since the beginning of November.

Go ahead and put those lights up! [​IMG]

4. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:Hang them now before it gets really icky out. I put mine up last week, haven't burned them (except to test) but I got them hung.

Ya don't want to be out in rain or wind or snow hanging lights, do ya ? [​IMG]

We get rain, and lots of wind in winter - I have a feeling this winter we might actually get more snow, it turned cold very early this year. My baby (he's 17) is hoping for a white Christmas this year. [​IMG]

meri

5. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    My mom always had ours up early. I like the clear ones,because they go well with fall decorations. Some people wait until the day after Thanksgiving. I say go for it, bring in the holiday season! [​IMG] P.S. we need holiday smileys

6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    I have been seeing lights out already. I don't remember seeing them this early before. I ususally put them up on Thanksgiving day. But that is just how my mom did it. Guess you do what you grew up with.

Go for it [​IMG]

7. happyheart

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    I love the white lights think they are much classier(is that a word) anyhow then the colored lights but I lost the battle with my hubby and daughter and bought all colored ones last year after christmas for next to nothing. [​IMG] Gotta love saving money!

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

It is never too early for Christmas lights!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. happyheart

Aug 25, 2008
    Thornville, Oh
    I love snow for christmas and since we have already had some I hope that will be a great sign of more to come [​IMG]
    My daughter is already itching to go sledding [​IMG]

10. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Hang those babies! We usally hang ours on Thanksgiving but hey whenever ur in the Christmas mood is a good time and after Halloween [​IMG] baby Jesus and goblins just don't mix!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by