is it toooo soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OkieChix

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 30, 2010
broken arrow, oklahoma
just a few more days then i will have little peepers. moohaha. i cant wait. how long do i wait to take them out of the incubator. if the othere eggs havent hatched yet but still look like they might? and when do i stop turning them im doing it by hand. just went and turned one ant one has already pip his shell and i can here it peep. its so cute. its too soon im not ready ether. i thought i had 2more days

Last edited by a moderator:
Do NOT turn them if they are pipping! They will get turned around and won't be able to get out, plus if they're upside down the liquid will pool towards the bottom and can drown them. They can be taken out after they are dry, but you can also wait up to 48 hours so they can all hatch first.

hi, do you know what day you are on????????
Humidity needs to be raised the last three days......
Good luck
smile.png

Quote:
I apologize if this sounds harsh, but this is great example of what happens when someone doesn't do their research ahead of time.

Stop turning, increase the humidity NOW since you already have a pip, and DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR after you have added water. Yours should have been locked down yesterday, with no turning, increased humidity, etc.

Please. Go do some research on hatching before you try this again. Make sure you have all the basic information you need. And I hope these hatch for you.

ty. i honestly did know if they would hatch or not. i found them in my grage where i was keeping my hens and i didnt know how they were so in stead of trashing them i desided to hatch them well try anyways. but they seem to still be wiggleing so i hope that is a good sign.

ok now i have 2 that have pip. how long does it take them? this is my second hatch but it was like 4 years ago. your right i shoul have done some resrch just to get updated. i hope i didnt lose any of them.

Back
Top Bottom