1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it Wednesday yet? (More)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Becky_H, May 8, 2009.

1. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

This coming Wednesday I'm picking up a half dozen chickens from a fellow BYCer: a buff orpington roo, an OEGB hen, 2 mottled cochin hens, and a pair of Mille D'Fleur Uccles. All except the cochins are 3 months old. (And yeah, I know -- more than on roo. Don't worry, we've got two runs and we're planning on major separating and out of sight-ed-ness.)

I am SO excited. These are the first chickens I've bought from anywhere but TSC. I love my TSC sex-link pullets, but I can not wait to see some birds that aren't hatchery stock, you know?

Not to mention just plain PRETTY and bantams and feathered feet and--

Yeah, hyper with excitement over here. It's going to be a LONG weekend/early part of next week. I'm going to be a fixture on the boards, I think, just to keep from driving my (poor, long suffering) husband bonkers.

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I know it is silly, but I have red leghorns coming next week. I just had to have them!

3. Becky_H

Quote:This is seriously, seriously, a BUG and man I am BITTEN.

4. Becky_H

I got really antsy and decided I couldn't wait, so I found a spot in my schedule for tomorrow evening. I'm so, so excited. It's odd, usually I'm fairly patient. NOT THIS TIME. I want those guys and gals. Besides, the longer I have to wait, the more inclined I am to add to my order.

So, 30 hours (ish) to go. I may actually count-down from here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by