Is mcmurray hatchery good?

Stormhorse23, yes, that's an awful story, but such a thing could happen when you order from any of the big hatcheries, where massive numbers of chicks are produced and ride on conveyor belts and are sorted into chutes and boxes by the thousands, etc. If you call, they'll usually address it. Email may be less reliable. If you want to avoid such issues entirely and forever, you should probably buy from a breeder instead of a hatchery. I once received a chick with no front toenails from a hatchery--not as bad as no eyes, granted, but such things do happen (although rarely) with the medium-large to large establishments. And, yes, as everyone is pointing out, ordering and shipping chicks in cold weather is always iffy.

Im keeping her, by the way. Her name is Calista. She is picked on all the time and I hear this special cheep that means "mommy, come get me!" and the next moment shes sleeping on my lap. sorry, had to share my story.

I ordered from them and I lost 4 out of 27. They were good about crediting me. But on the other side I e-mailed a question about their shipping over postal holidays and it was never answered. Only a auto response telling me they were in their busy season and it would take 3 to 5 days to get back to me so I should call if it was something about an order. Next time I will order later after it warms up. I would rather buy locally if I can find what I want though.
I'm glad you kept your chick stormhorse23. That was a nice. Diana

maybe I should call too. I recieved 26 chicks Feb 18. I ordered 6 silkies, and 6 frizzles and had to fill the rest of the order with cheaper americanas. silkies and frizzles were $3.35 each.

2 were DOA
2 more were very weak and not walking
within 24 hours 2 more died, and last count, a total of 8 have died..''

and it's just my luck that all the ones that died were the silky/frizzles!!!!

the americanas are doing fine.

I e-mailed them Thur Feb 21 and haven't heard from them..think I should call?

Hi all--my first time on the forum. I really love what I see on this forum.
Has anyone ordered chicks from Privett Hatchery? My local feed store ordered from them and the chicks were healthy and perky. All did exceptionally well. Am thinking of ordering some this spring.

I was wondering if McMurray was good as well I ordered from them and have read some of the horror stories. I ordered the most beautiful chick from them and don't want to be disappointed. I never thought I would make some chickens my pets but I ordered Red Blue Laced Wydottees (5) straight run just for myself. Please God keep all of them safe! They are to arrive 3-3-08.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

We had several die when received last week. MMH replaced the order, we picked up 21 living chicks this morning.

Watch the weather in your area. You can call them up to Friday before the hatching and have them reschedule your delivery.

Below are pictures of the 1 week old chicks from the ornamental layer collection:

1wkchick001.jpg

1wkchick002.jpg

1wkchick003.jpg
(Happy Feet)

1wkchick004.jpg

1wkchick005.jpg
(Lady Slipper)

1wkchick006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom