Is Meyer Hatchery good?

Almost all of my birds came from them and I loved them all. I ordered chicks from them 2-3 times and hatching eggs once and was very satisfied with all.

I ordered my most recent chicks from Meyer Hatchery. I ordered four and lost one, and one of the remaining three was an accidental cockerel. They offered a replacement order with free shipping to make up for the lost chick, so I ordered three more. One of those three was a bantam Green Queen even though I wanted a standard Green Queen. The bantam died shortly after arriving but the other two thrived.

I guess I could say the whole experience wasn't the smoothest, but the surviving five birds are so great that I just have to recommend the hatchery. Ironically I ended up falling in love with the cockerel that I didn't want to begin with. He's such a good boy and very beautiful.

I order from My Pet Chicken, they have a wide variety, The customer service is excellent. I did have some cockerel issues and a few suspects right now. I have up until they are 22 weeks on the cockerels, and they will refund. Honestly the cockerel rate has been a struggle only because I can't have one where I live. Rehoming is hard because you do fall in love with them.

I've ordered from Meyer and My Pet Chicken. I WAAAAY preferred Meyer. I live in CA, and I got my chicks the next day! Not all survived, unfortunately. As a result, I won't order chicks again (it has been a long hard road with the Polish I was able to save). But I don't fault Meyer. It was shipping stress. Their customer service is very good!

I ordered a larger order from MPC a few years ago. Every single chick died within 3 weeks, so it wasn't all shipping stress. When I contacted them, they begrudgingly refunded my money for those who died within the stated refund period. I was not happy with them at all. They asked for pictures of the little bodies and seemed to think I was lying.

I've ordered from Meyer and My Pet Chicken. I WAAAAY preferred Meyer. I live in CA, and I got my chicks the next day! Not all survived, unfortunately. As a result, I won't order chicks again (it has been a long hard road with the Polish I was able to save). But I don't fault Meyer. It was shipping stress. Their customer service is very good!

I ordered a larger order from MPC a few years ago. Every single chick died within 3 weeks, so it wasn't all shipping stress. When I contacted them, they begrudgingly refunded my money for those who died within the stated refund period. I was not happy with them at all. They asked for pictures of the little bodies and seemed to think I was lying.
I'm sorry to hear about the losses you suffered. AND how they treated you. They have been most compassionate with me. I did need to send them a video of my EE crowing, but the Ameraucana was 20.5 weeks and the pictures were enough. They refunded me the shipping, the cost of the cockerel to the tune of $100 for just him. I will be sending them more pics because I think I have some cockerels in the one day old order I got the end of June.
The shipping to Idaho is a long one too. I think I am good with chooks for now and won't be ordering any more for a long while.

How are your Chickens doing?

I’ve ordered from Meyer twice. Both times every chick lived and both times they were exactly the breed and the sex I ordered. As previously mentioned, they aren’t perfect show quality birds, but mine weren’t bad at all. I would recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom