Is my chick a rooster?

My3ChicksMBD

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 30, 2013
Hello!!! I have three chicks. One of my chicks I think is a rooster. He is much bigger than my other two. He has a kinda red comb with six points and he's growing a waddle on both sides under his beak. Does he look like a rooster?
The guy I got them from said that they were all girls but I'm not sure. Thanks so much!!! ~My3ChicksMBD

Last edited:
My rooster was smaller then my girls - but that might have just been mine. How old is s/he? could you get a picture of the others that are females, or at least describe how big their comb/wattles are? Right now, I think it's a cock.

My rooster was smaller then my girls - but that might have just been mine. How old is s/he? could you get a picture of the others that are females, or at least describe how big their comb/wattles are? Right now, I think it's a cock.
He's about 4 or 5 weeks old. And the females are in the second picture. The black and brown. The brown one doesn't have any bumps on its comb I don't think but the black one may have a few small ones. And they don't have waddles I don't think. Haha. :)

Last edited:
The guy I got him from said he was a cross-bird but I think he's a cochin
smile.png
I'm not 100% sure but that's the breed I'm thinking he is.

Does he have feathering on his feet? If so, then he's probably a White Cochin cockerel. If not, then I would think that he would be a White Rock, White Leghorn, or even a Cornish X meat bird. In the case of the latter breeds, you won't know exactly what he is until he is older, around 12-14 weeks of age.

Back
Top Bottom