crunchygranola

In the Brooder
May 6, 2024
I don’t have the experience yet to discern a perfectly healthy chicken from a slightly lazy one, and I’m worried one of my girls is sick. She tends to stay behind in her coop when I let the rest of her flock out to free range for a while, she has been having weird, yellow, foamy poops, eating less and mainly just staying in her little shed… any ideas?

How old is she and what's her diet? Has laid recently?
She’s only 11 weeks old, and she hasn’t laid yet. She has a wide variety in her diet— they all do. She has 18% protein chick grower, I put oregano and sage in their feed, grit, and then whatever bugs and greens she finds in my backyard. Fruits and veggies, too.

I couldn’t snag a picture of the poop but I’ll describe it.
It’s very watery— not even close to an egg-white consistency. It has foam around the edges and the overall color of it is a dark yellow. None of my other chickens poop like this.
IMG_3171.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpeg
    IMG_3169.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 2
Sorry, I should have said the pullet. Not much to tell from her stance, she's not puffed up or holding her tail down, often signs of discomfort. Keep an eye on her and let us know if anything changes. Feel her crop at night, it should be full; feel it again first thing in the morning before she eats or drinks, it should feel flat and empty. Report back.

Sorry, I should have said the pullet. Not much to tell from her stance, she's not puffed up or holding her tail down, often signs of discomfort. Keep an eye on her and let us know if anything changes. Feel her crop at night, it should be full; feel it again first thing in the morning before she eats or drinks, it should feel flat and empty. Report back.
Will do. Thanks for all the help!

I don’t have the experience yet to discern a perfectly healthy chicken from a slightly lazy one, and I’m worried one of my girls is sick. She tends to stay behind in her coop when I let the rest of her flock out to free range for a while, she has been having weird, yellow, foamy poops, eating less and mainly just staying in her little shed… any ideas?
I just noticed one of my girls has yellow liquid poo and has poo on her hiney. Her vent is clean but she seems to be walking gingerly and kind of staying to herself. Should I wash her bottom? They have fresh water with ACV in it. Is there anything else I can do for her?

She’s only 11 weeks old, and she hasn’t laid yet. She has a wide variety in her diet— they all do. She has 18% protein chick grower, I put oregano and sage in their feed, grit, and then whatever bugs and greens she finds in my backyard. Fruits and veggies, too.
Stop the herbs, they won't help. Are you sure it's no Cecal poop?
I just noticed one of my girls has yellow liquid poo and has poo on her hiney. Her vent is clean but she seems to be walking gingerly and kind of staying to herself. Should I wash her bottom? They have fresh water with ACV in it. Is there anything else I can do for her?
Acv won't help this, unfortunately.
How old? What's her diet? Last time she laid? Has she ever been wormed.

Back
Top Bottom