is my coop big enough?????

I use straw in there cause it seems to be cheaper and I have a pan of water in there also.. so it may get a little wet in the corner .. I've only had them in it for 3 days so I'm still figuring out what I should do also do they need the water if locked up there all night

I use straw in there cause it seems to be cheaper and I have a pan of water in there also.. so it may get a little wet in the corner .. I've only had them in it for 3 days so I'm still figuring out what I should do also do they need the water if locked up there all night

Adult ducks don't need food and water over night but youngins do. till at least 4-5 weeks old. There are ways to keep the bedding from getting too wet, place some kind of pan under the water that will help some.

IMG_3860.jpg

Last edited:
Even if it's hot at night .. except for winter the rest of the year it's 80 or more at night is that still ok?

Even if it's hot at night .. except for winter the rest of the year it's 80 or more at night is that still ok?
Do they have good air circulation in their house? Ventilation is very important. as long as they have good air circulation they should be fine over night with out food and water, they will be asleep. I hottest parts of the year I don't know about you but my flock isn't going inside till close to dark and getting let out early in the morning after daylight.

Thank my dads going to help me put some reinforcements to make sure it can withstand all of them

Thank.you all for your input .. also I was wondering .. my dad wants to get road island reds and at my feed store they had one left I wanted to get it so bad but was UNsure so I didn't ... would the chick be ok if I were to get it.and put it in the broader I have my 2 to 3 week old Muscovys ... the chick looked a few days old

Back
Top Bottom