is my coop big enough?????

Rachele anne

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 30, 2014
...its 6 foot by 4 foot not including the nesting boxes which are about one and a half feet wide and about 2 feet long...originally I made this only for my four ducks but I was given some eggs that were already half incubated so I felt obligated to finish them so they wouldn't die and now I have 5 baby Muscovy ducklings and nowhere to put them unless this is ok enough to put them in there or how many can fit in there????... I'll get rid of some males if I have to but what do I do

Last edited:
...its 6 foot by 4 foot not including the nesting boxes which are about one and a half feet wide and about 2 feet long...originally I made this only for my four ducks but I was given some eggs that were already half incubated so I felt obligated to finish them so they wouldn't die and now I have 5 baby Muscovy ducklings and nowhere to put them unless this is ok enough to put them in there or how many can fit in there????... I'll get rid of some males if I have to but what do I do
What you want to bet your Scovy's will be roosting on top of your nest boxes. so that will free up more room for your 4 who won't. I'd put some cheap vinyl flooring on top of those boxes it will make it alot easier to clean off the poop of a morning. and since they will only be inside at night assuming your drakes you keep get along it should be fine. Duck math has hit again.. LOL

Last edited:
my nesting boxes are an add on to the outside with a lid it comes open for getting eggs.. so it's on the outside :/

Last edited:
Could I just extend it farther out to make it wider would that be better ?
That would probably work, I'd add some cheap vinyl still it would make it alot easier to clean poop. I have cheap vinyl on all my floors in the coops I know Going Quackers has a shelf in her Muscovy house over her nest boxes and most of her Scovy' s roost on top of it .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom