Is my dog pregnant? Or is it just her worms.

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
My dog is infected with worms n were trying to treat it yet I’ve been bugged by her nipples. They’re not normal, at least to me.
Is this normal? Am I overreacting?

Attachments

• 24C0F5B3-D1A7-44BA-8B19-CEC7EA8A379C.jpeg
    24C0F5B3-D1A7-44BA-8B19-CEC7EA8A379C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
  • 6F55818B-59DF-42E3-BEAE-94C5E6F7C819.jpeg
    6F55818B-59DF-42E3-BEAE-94C5E6F7C819.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Hate to say it but if there’s any chance she was mounted, she’s probably pregnant. 40% chance from just one mounting assuming the male finished his business

She is a unspayed female and if her last heat was a month or two ago. She could likely be pregnant. Was she around a unfixed male dog?

How long has she had worms?
And have you gave her meds for them?
Also has she been to a vet?

She is a unspayed female and if her last heat was a month or two ago. She could likely be pregnant. Was she around a unfixed male dog?

How long has she had worms?
And have you gave her meds for them?
Also has she been to a vet?
she was around unfixed dogs and I tried to keep them off of her. None were dangerously big though
I don’t know. We’ve never had a dog have worms.
yes, we’ve gave her dewormer
No she hasn’t

Unspayed. And a month or two ago

A dog pregnancy should last about 2 months (63 days is the most common estimate I see). So if she was in heat a month or two ago, the timing is about right.

she was around unfixed dogs and I tried to keep them off of her.
I think there is a pretty good chance she is pregnant, but not a certainty.

Are you able to take her to a vet? That could be a good way to learn if she is pregnant, get advice about the worms, and have the vet check if she is generally healthy in other ways.

If a vet is not an option, you should probably start researching what to expect when a dog gives birth, and how to raise puppies, in case that is what happens.

Back
Top Bottom