Is my duck messing with my head?

I love them little things :love
They love you, too for all the help and advice you've given me! :love They have tons of love for their interwebs friends! I'd really like to raise babies and be a breeder of Australian Spotteds, but I'll have to check with Hemmie first:lau. I know Downey would love the idea, little stud muffin that he is. Today Hemmie is preoccupied freaking out about the bad weather. They're inside, but still. She's been fussing since sunrise, despite lettuce, TV and music. We're not going outside today, straight line wind gusts up to 40mph would blow all three of us away! Anyone else have weather watcher duckies? :oops:

I'm not ready to be a duckgrandmom! :oops: Since there's just these two, I'd need an incubator and more space, plus I'd have to figure out a plan for the eggs. Oh nooooo! Too soooon! :barnie

Duck eggs are good eating. If you pick them up daily you dont have to worry about them being fertilized or not as a chick wont start developing that early.

I tried nesting boxes and I'd find eggs in the other corner. They are perfectly happy to lay in whatever bedding you have on the floor for them or out in their run.

I actually have gotten an egg yesterday and today from one of my girls which was a huge surprise! It is nice to know that this isnt out of the ordinary since this is my first winter with ducks.

Duck eggs are good eating. If you pick them up daily you dont have to worry about them being fertilized or not as a chick wont start developing that early.

I tried nesting boxes and I'd find eggs in the other corner. They are perfectly happy to lay in whatever bedding you have on the floor for them or out in their run.

I actually have gotten an egg yesterday and today from one of my girls which was a huge surprise! It is nice to know that this isnt out of the ordinary since this is my first winter with ducks.
I spent a few hours redoing a large brooder in to a nest box about 2 weeks ago. I've collected a good 2 dozen eggs since then, not one in a nest. Time to reclaim my brooder!

Grats on the egg production picking up. Every one is like a reward for being patient.

Oh this girl is getting ready to lay tonight! She demanded snuggles AND singing. And the boy is hovering like a prospective dad. :p Pardon the loud designiated duck poop blankets.

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_144434.jpg
    IMG_20200113_144434.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200113_145119.jpg
    IMG_20200113_145119.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200113_144430.jpg
    IMG_20200113_144430.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 7
No more eggs yet, besides the one, but both littles are eating and drinking and pooping and doing all manner of duck things, so I'm not overly concerned.

Attachments

• IMG_20200108_145926.jpg
    IMG_20200108_145926.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom