Is my duck pipping?

For the one duck hatch that I did, there were a couple eggs that rolled around, chirped constantly, and continually poked their bills in and out. And then there were the couple that didn’t make any movements and hardly any noise, except while zipping. The stiller, quieter ones ended up hatching just as well and in just as good of health as the other, more active ones. :)

Do not assist or step in yet. “Nature’s got know-how”, and often times when we try to help, it actually causes more harm than benefit. Just leave it alone for now, and only step in if you know it needs your help.

Thank you so much! It is Day 28 today. When should I jump in and assist it if it doesn't hatch in the next 2 days?
I have 6 eggs at a school
5 hatched day 28-29 we are now end of day 31 and one egg is moving but not internal nor a bruise
Sometimes they are late
Just let him hatch at his speed

Update: I hear peeping!! The hole looks about the same.

Attachments

• 5B5566D8-9663-4470-A5C3-9CA87DD84CB8.jpeg
    5B5566D8-9663-4470-A5C3-9CA87DD84CB8.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 4
  • CE1A2E12-CA98-436B-84E3-D616287BF353.png
    CE1A2E12-CA98-436B-84E3-D616287BF353.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
if the hole doesn’t get bigger, what should I do? Do I need to make a hole at the fat end of the egg to give it oxygen?
No the air cell end will not help as baby is in the other end
You can hit the yolk sac going that way
You don’t need ti make the hole bigger at all. It has air that’s all it needs
Normal babies in air cell make a tiny crack then leave it till it’s time to hatch. They don’t make big holes for a reason
It can dry them out and we don’t want that
Your baby will hatch when it’s ready
I just had a wrong end baby that sat with a little hole like you have for 3 days then hatched when he was ready
Just leave baby be
I know it’s hard and instinct says help but he doesn’t need it
Once he starts to zip if his cap is to
Small then you can make the cap bigger then let him push out but until he zips he isn’t ready and doesn’t need a big hole that caused you to keep it moist every few hours

Back
Top Bottom