IS MY EGG DEAD???URGENT HELP

coolmind1999

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Well I candled my eggs today and they r in the 5 th day I saw a spider like thing in one egg BUT
It was latterly floating if I moved it upside down it would float on to the direction I would move the egg
is it dead???
Did it die during PROCCESS

Well usually if it died this early there is a blood ring around it, however floating like that is odd. Is it possible to post a picture of it?

Well my iPad can't focus on it so I can't take a photo grap but I'll try
I noticed 2 new things
-IT'S STUCK TO THE Yoke so it's the yoke floating dragging the embryo with it
-it's heart is beating

These are all NORMAL things for every one of my eggs. I've hatched a couple batches and have always noticed this thing. I would not play with the egg too much as that can cause the abnormalities in hatching. Just be patient as patience helps people NOT make drastic decisions and end up ruining their whole batch of eggs.:th

Last edited:
Okay so yeah that makes sense then. I agree with the above poster, don't play with it to much and all should be fine!

I'm not playing with them :p
I was trying to find the embryo when I found it dragging
I'm not gonna candle them now till on day 14
First time hatching so I'm a bit concise

Last edited:
Oh yeah-Didn't mean to defend you at all I just can't resist the urge to watch there growth so I dubbed it "playing". I hope you have great results with your first hatch!!!

It's veining..that is what you want to see. It should be free floating. Everything is going well if that is what you are seeing.

Could u re phrase that sorry I'm a newbie to chickens and stuff I didn't even know what an embryo was if u mean if veins r floating with it then yes

Those are the veins that will become the chicks vascular system. it all starts with the veining, and then body parts grow from those veins, and the veins all end up on the inside of the chick. So what you are seeing is essentially your chick before it becomes a chick. They are free floating within the egg, because if they stick to any one spot they will be deformed. That is why we turn the eggs. So nothing gets stuck in one spot...so floating veins is exactly what you are looking for. In another 3-5 days you'll be able to see actually little alien shapes moving and kicking in there. It is pretty cool.

Actually it all starts with the brain stem and goes from there, but it all looks like veins in the beginning. You'll soon see a large dark spot, that becomes the eyes...so on and so forth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom