Is my girl a roo

TableTopFarms

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2020
Hi there,

Sorry to trouble you I've recently started my own flock well I say flock I mean 5 haha but my rode island red was ment to be a she but I'm now thinking she is a he none of the flock are laying yet but are due to start but " Tikka" as we call her is beginning to look very Roo like very oily tbh he/she is very placid considering they live with 2 dogs and 1 cat haha but this morning when I let them out it made the strangest noise that wasn't quite a Cocker doodle Doo more like a shreak hahah my heart stopped at that point I did actually say to it noooo you can't be doing that noise only boys make then kinda went ohh no your a boy and I've not noticed ...... Please help me identify this gender confused Chuck haha I'll attach some pictures ohh but the way he or she he's very tall legs 😂 the more I tell you the more I think ohh no why am I even asking it a Roo I'll get some better pictures if it helps.

Kind regards

Craig

Attachments

• IMG-20201024-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20201024-WA0002.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20201024-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201024-WA0000.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi there,

Sorry to trouble you I've recently started my own flock well I say flock I mean 5 haha but my rode island red was ment to be a she but I'm now thinking she is a he none of the flock are laying yet but are due to start but " Tikka" as we call her is beginning to look very Roo like very oily tbh he/she is very placid considering they live with 2 dogs and 1 cat haha but this morning when I let them out it made the strangest noise that wasn't quite a Cocker doodle Doo more like a shreak hahah my heart stopped at that point I did actually say to it noooo you can't be doing that noise only boys make then kinda went into Shit ohh no your a boy and I've not noticed ...... Please help me identify this gender confused Chuck haha I'll attach some pictures ohh but the way he or she he's very tall legs 😂 the more I tell you the more I think ohh no why am I even asking it a Roo I'll get some better pictures if it helps.

Kind regards

Craig
It starting to look like a rooster. 🤗
It happened to me also. LOL
I was so sure I had a hen that I dressed him up so pretty. LOL
Then at the 11th week he started crowing. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Of course I felt so bad that I had to make him some pants.

Attachments

• 20200927_155800.jpg
    20200927_155800.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20201010_205105.jpg
    20201010_205105.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 19
Ohhh FFS the farm where I got them from are still convinced he's a she are we 100% sure it's not gender confused? As I could probably get around keeping shim 😂😂 the chicken pants are hilarious I'm so sad if it is a Roo as I've sort of bonded with its I love it's personally but I'm now worried for the pets, enter at own perral haha no no on a serious note it's the cat 🐈 I fear for and my curious bulldog lurcher cross crazy I know but he or she follows the dog everywhere at one point I was convinced tikka had decided to bark and copy the dog maybe i have a 1/1000000000000 gender confused chickdog now this I could cope with hahha think tikka may have to go as I just haven't the heart to eat him

the farm where I got them from are still convinced he's a she are we 100% sure it's not gender confused

The farm you got them from needs to up their game. If they are selling chickens, they should know how to sex their birds. By this age, it's reasonably obvious for people that raise chickens regularly.

There is absolutely no doubt it is a cockerel. I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom