Is my girl a roo

TableTopFarms

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2020
Hi there,

Sorry to trouble you I've recently started my own flock well I say flock I mean 5 haha but my rode island red was ment to be a she but I'm now thinking she is a he none of the flock are laying yet but are due to start but " Tikka" as we call her is beginning to look very Roo like very oily tbh he/she is very placid considering they live with 2 dogs and 1 cat haha but this morning when I let them out it made the strangest noise that wasn't quite a Cocker doodle Doo more like a shreak hahah my heart stopped at that point I did actually say to it noooo you can't be doing that noise only boys make then kinda went ohh no your a boy and I've not noticed ...... Please help me identify this gender confused Chuck haha I'll attach some pictures ohh but the way he or she he's very tall legs 😂 the more I tell you the more I think ohh no why am I even asking it a Roo I'll get some better pictures if it helps.

Kind regards

Craig

Attachments

• IMG-20201024-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20201024-WA0002.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20201024-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201024-WA0000.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi there,

Sorry to trouble you I've recently started my own flock well I say flock I mean 5 haha but my rode island red was ment to be a she but I'm now thinking she is a he none of the flock are laying yet but are due to start but " Tikka" as we call her is beginning to look very Roo like very oily tbh he/she is very placid considering they live with 2 dogs and 1 cat haha but this morning when I let them out it made the strangest noise that wasn't quite a Cocker doodle Doo more like a shreak hahah my heart stopped at that point I did actually say to it noooo you can't be doing that noise only boys make then kinda went into Shit ohh no your a boy and I've not noticed ...... Please help me identify this gender confused Chuck haha I'll attach some pictures ohh but the way he or she he's very tall legs 😂 the more I tell you the more I think ohh no why am I even asking it a Roo I'll get some better pictures if it helps.

Kind regards

Craig
It starting to look like a rooster. 🤗
It happened to me also. LOL
I was so sure I had a hen that I dressed him up so pretty. LOL
Then at the 11th week he started crowing. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Of course I felt so bad that I had to make him some pants.

Attachments

• 20200927_155800.jpg
    20200927_155800.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20201010_205105.jpg
    20201010_205105.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 19
Sorry....

He's also a cockerel.
Bought him from the same place?

The other two Wyandottes in the background are female, thankfully.
Hahahaha I'm actually finding this kinda funny now so I have 2 Roo's and 3 hens well that's just a recipe for disaster I'm guessing so back to the farm with the boys 🤠 🤬🙊🤯🐔🤬🤬😭🥺🥺🥺😢 I bought them from hayrack farm over in Ellesmere port I've messaged them countless time and they keep telling me they are hens even me with no experience can clearly see male I'm just gutted as I've bonded with them especially Tikka the most 🧐😤😤😤

Back
Top Bottom