Is my goat pregnant?

Now I'm being told she looks like she has blown teats. I know nothing about this. What do y'all think?
Blown teats? They are bulbous but that is not uncommon. Are they soft? If so they are not blown, whatever that is.

This is what I found

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-203110.png
    Screenshot_20210710-203110.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
This is what I found
Maybe. But I have seen too many goats over uddered for show and none of them had blown teats. Over uddering may have caused other problems but not that. I will check with my friend who was an ADGA judge for many years and see what she has to say.

Completely normal udder from her genetics, just not a desirable shape for ease of milking and definitely not for the show ring! It looks more floppy when she's not in milk and will be firmer when she's milking. I have never bought a goat with large, pendulous teats, but I've milked other people's while they were on vacation. It's a soggy, muscle-straining handful, but they can give a lot of milk.(Sometimes show udders with perfect teats can be worse if they have tight orifices!) Premium udders look like half a soccer (or basket) ball firmly attached in front and back with nicely spaced, well-defined teats that aren't too narrow, too wide, too long or too short--we want them hand-sized for a human to milk. They should tip forward a bit. Alas, if we were judged like animals are judged, woe to anyone less than the idea of "perfect."
We've selectively bred dairy goats for "perfect" and very high-producing udders, but look at the picture of the Bedouin goat's pendulous udder...
The spotted was one of mine. The online picture is of a goat belonging to a Bedouin.
Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 12.32.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 12.39.16 PM.png

Completely normal udder from her genetics, just not a desirable shape for ease of milking and definitely not for the show ring! It looks more floppy when she's not in milk and will be firmer when she's milking. I have never bought a goat with large, pendulous teats, but I've milked other people's while they were on vacation. It's a soggy, muscle-straining handful, but they can give a lot of milk.(Sometimes show udders with perfect teats can be worse if they have tight orifices!) Premium udders look like half a soccer (or basket) ball firmly attached in front and back with nicely spaced, well-defined teats that aren't too narrow, too wide, too long or too short--we want them hand-sized for a human to milk. They should tip forward a bit. Alas, if we were judged like animals are judged, woe to anyone less than the idea of "perfect."
We've selectively bred dairy goats for "perfect" and very high-producing udders, but look at the picture of the Bedouin goat's pendulous udder...
The spotted was one of mine. The online picture is of a goat belonging to a Bedouin.
View attachment 2798918

View attachment 2798923
Is that a Damascus goat?

Thanks for that.
I posted the picture because her udder looks to be getting bigger. If she's not pregnant why would this be happening? This pic August 3rd

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_113044699.jpg
    IMG_20210803_113044699.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom